Saturday, August 07, 2010

Karma Sucks


Spiritually speaking, I don't believe in karma. Unfortunately, Eldrick does. No longer the superman of the links, the invincible god of golf, his non-sports life turned into a expose that rivals the juiciest Enquirer story, and his golf game in the loo, I feel for him.
I don't know from personal experience what it is like to be an icon, a demigod to mere mortals, but I do know how it hurts to fail. And to fail publicly. Seriously, I pray that Tiger finds more than just Buddistic enlightenment. He needs Jesus. Not to salvage his golf stroke, or help him to reconcile with his wife, but for his eternal soul. God promised, "Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them white as snow." (Isaiah 1.18 NIV)
His demeanor and his game are evidence of a troubled, troubled soul.

No comments: