Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Rangers?


Okay, I admit I didn't call it right so far in the AL, but tonight was nice to watch the Yankees get drubbed for the second time in the late innings. I don't like the way the League office allowed them to trade and sign high salary players while teams with prudent payrolls had to pass, but putting that aside it is fun to watch those guys play baseball. Speed, base hitting, and great defense are their pillars - and still they have serious pop with Hamilton, Guerrero, Cruz, and Kinsler. Why do I despise the Yankees so severely? Because the playing field is never level, and when you poach year after year off of the less wealthy teams, morally I personally slide into a cheating mentality. There are many great people and players on the field, yet it is a good feeling to cheer for Josh Hamilton and Vlad - two guys who were all but kicked to the curb for different reasons, yet given up on none the less.
The network is going to be hating life if neither the Phillies or Yankees make it further. I will watch every pitch - no matter what.

No comments: